Actor, comedian, and viral sensation Leslie Jordan is taking things to church with his new all-star duets album, 'Company's Comin' featuring a collection of his favorite hymns.
In a recent interview with Cody Alan, the "hunker downer" sensation shared how being gay in church never kept him from singing.
"I grew up, like you, religious," says Cody. "I know you were Southern Baptist. Being gay in church can be difficult. How was it for you to come out?"
"Yeah, I kind of fell out of the womb and landed in my momma's high heels," laughs Leslie. "You know? There I was!"
"My dad was a lieutenant colonel in the Army. You know? I was an effeminate child, but I was a joyful child. I was fun, and I was also funny," Leslie continued. "I learned that to keep the bullies at bay."
"Here I am at 65, revisiting these hymns with no ax to grind," shared the actor. "I am perfectly comfortable with who I am. What I am. What a great place to be!"
Hear the Emmy-winning actor croon with the stars on 'Company's Comin" out now, featuring powerhouse voices like Dolly Parton, Tanya Tucker, TJ Osborne (of Brothers Osborne), Ashley McBryde, as well as Chris and Morgan Stapleton.
Check out the full track listing here:
1. This Little Light of Mine feat. Katie Pruitt
2. Meet Cute
3. Angel Band feat. Brandi Carlile
4. Where The Soul Never Dies feat. Dolly Parton
5. Somebody Touched Me
6. Sweet By and By feat. TJ Osborne
7. In All Things feat. Danny Myrick
8. When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder feat. Tanya Tucker
9. Whole World
10. The One Who Hideth Me feat. Eddie Vedder
11. The Longest Day feat. Travis Howard
12. I'll Fly Away
13. Working On A Building feat. Ashley McBryde + Charlie Worsham
14. Farther Along feat. Chris + Morgane Stapleton
15. Last Word
Listen to Leslie and Cody's full, unedited, raw conversation by clicking the podcast link below.
Photo Credit: Photo Credit: Missing Piece Group / Miller Mobley.